No Pain, No Gain

Refrigerator removal

It doesn’t look like it from the photos, but Ron and I worked for 4 hours today getting the refrigerator loose and wrestling the water tank out.

The gas line to the refrigerator was so tight that we had to use a wrench and a hammer to break it free.  I am worried that we damaged something, as the part that the gas line attached to now swings freely back and forth.

Water tank removed.

Also I labeled and cut the electric lines — and found a badly corroded, non-attached wire which probably explains why the refrigerator never worked on DC.

I will definitely have an RV shop hook it back up for me.  And I’m really concerned that we’ll incur one of those huge Dometic repair bills I read about.  But that’s a worry for another day.

I had sealed the water tank lines so well that we ended up having to cut them to get them free from the tank.  And after I struggled with trying to walk the tank free, Ron reminded me that maybe I needed to remove the drain valve underneath the trailer first  Duh!  😀

Usually we don’t work well together so we do our own projects and leave the other one’s alone.  But he has been a wonderful help in getting the bathroom, refrigerator and water tank out.

Tomorrow we’ll plan to tackle the water heater removal.

 

New Water Heater, Storage & Tatted Cat

Aliner under bed storage

Aliner underbed storage. The three drawer chest was taken out to allow easier access for the new water heater installation.

We got the old water heater out of the Aliner and the new one slid into place today.  That part was an easy job.

The difficult part was prying the mounting collar off the old unit and getting the old sealant off it.

We ran out of daylight on our project, so Ron taped plastic over the hole in the trailer.  And we are taking turns scraping the old sealant off the mounting collar tonight.  We are almost to the stage where GooGone spray gel will work.

View of right side storage

This photo shoes the shoe space in front of the converter, a clothes basket, with additional storage beside it.

Then tomorrow I’ll prime and paint it, and we can finish the installation.

I thought you might be interested in seeing a picture of our under bed storage since we have the bed boards and mattresses out until the water heater installation is complete.

All the space on the left is storage, except for the small area where my three stage smart charger and solar controller are mounted.  The controller is on that side because the plugin for my solar panel is on the exterior on that side.  The smart charger is there because that’s where the RV shop put it!

The rear right houses the water heater and water tank.  Next is the converter, which has space for shoe storage in front of it.  Then there is space for Ron’s clothes basket and a plastic box that holds toilet chemicals and such.  And in winter, the little ceramic heater fits in front of the plastic box.

tatted cat

Tatted kitty kat

Last night I worked on tatting an angel.  I started over four times before finally recognizing that the pattern was too advanced for me.  So I switched to a kitty.  The original pattern is by Nancy Taylor at Be-stitched.com.  But her pattern was for an elegant Aristokitty, and I wanted a more ordinary looking cat.  So I used the body and tail part of the pattern, eliminated the chops, and made the head a little bigger.

The fan and kitty will be used on a purse for my granddaughter.  I need to tat one more motif, then I plan to make some pretty beaded edging for it.  I’ll post a picture when it’s completed.

%d bloggers like this: