Oopsie Tatted Rose

Oopsie rose

I was trying to recreate the modified tatted rose that I had done here.   It was one of those projects that didn’t go well.

First of all, I got the chains for my rose tighter than I liked, so they don’t have the graceful curve that looks like rose petals.  Secondly I got the tension on the outside chains of the rose uneven.

And, instead of ten clovers around the outside, I ended up with 11, which made them a bit crowded.  And finally, I broke my thread right as I was starting on the last clover.  So I got some practice attaching a new thread at the end of a chain, and only ended up with one slightly lumpy ring as a result of working the ends in.

Anyway, it does look okay, I think.  So I am using it on a card.

I did want to correct an error I made in yesterday’s entry.  When I was labeling my photos, I automatically labeled the little white lily-shaped flowers atamasco lilies.  Only when I was in bed last night did I realize the wrong name had popped into my mind.  They are actually Stars of Bethlehem.

I’m not sure if that was a senior moment or a generic brain cramp.  🙂

1 Comment

  1. We all have days……
    Your card looks fine and I’m sure the recipient is NOT going to critique it.


  • Enter your email address to subscribe to Tinycamper's blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 958 other subscribers
  • Cool Stuff!

  • My Blog Topic Categories

  • Blog Stats

    • 1,025,133 hits
%d bloggers like this: